Monday, September 19

Velologger

I use a bicycle-specific mileage and maintenance logging program called VELOLOGGER. I keep working deeper and deeper into the system. As I wear out or damage my bikes I find out how to record that new problem. Latest thing is the original front BLT wheel 700 mm with 36 14gauge spokes has been going out of true. I handled the left/right wobble but the out-of-round is more than I am familiar with. Still 0ver 5000 miles before the first adjustments says good things about Bruce Gordons' wheel building. I am described as a horse and tend to break parts easily. I will replace the original front wheel with the one from my older commute bike. That wheel was made for me by Hugh Freed who crewed with me in RAAM 1988

2 Comments:

At 3/17/2007 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! film editing schools

 
At 1/09/2008 4:46 PM, Blogger pdxFred said...

Wow, a guy named Hugh Freed used to work for me in a tiny shop, long since closed, in Bishop, CA. That was back around '96 or '97. Wonder if it's the same guy. He was a great wrench who taught me a lot. Really crazy personal life, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home